Outdoor Empire (“Outdoor Empire”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a website, which provides the Service. Our website address is https://outdorempire.com. Outdoor Empire is owned and operated by Page One Power Properties, LLC, an Idaho limited liability company.
What Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. We collect information from you when you subscribe to our email newsletter, fill out a contact form, create comments, apply to write for us, use an interactive feature of our website, or otherwise enter information on our site.
If you submit a contact form on our website we collect personal information such as your name and email address. We may keep this information for customer service purposes but it will not be used for marketing purposes, except for contact forms that explicitly state as much. For example, if you opt in by submitting your information through an email newsletter sign-up form, we may store your email address and name for marketing purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Whenever you visit our website or use our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device type and model, browser version, language, device and browser settings.
Whenever you visit our website or use our Service, we collect Usage Information. This can include pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, your interaction with our content, what you searched for, technical issues or crash reports, and other statistics. Your general location at the time of browsing may also be recorded based on your IP address or your device’s location service. This data may be compiled individually or aggregated.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Personal Information may be provided to us by third parties such as publicly available datasets, social media platforms, or other commercial sources. This could include demographics, contact information, occupation, education, group affiliations, personal interests, social media platform IDs and publicly posted information. Third Parties are responsible to maintain their own privacy policies and we cannot be held responsible for their actions or for the data they collect or redistribute.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies or Web Beacons are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Understand and save your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services for future visits.
- Facilitate user comments on articles.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features of the website may not function properly.
Your browser or device may have a “Do Not Track” setting that you can enable. “Do Not Track” compliance protocols have not yet been fully defined and therefore we cannot guarantee that this functionality will be respected at this time.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To provide the services you request, such as sending newsletters, enabling the ability to comment, or enabling you to participate in a specific feature or communication.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested based on content you have previously viewed and demographic information.
- To send periodic emails with editorial or advertising content that we believe you will be interested in based on your previous interactions with our website.
- To follow up with you after you have corresponded with us (e.g. through live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To improve and expand our Service.
- To find and prevent fraud.
If you provide your email address to receive our periodic newsletters, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way, if applicable.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website or sign up for a newsletter, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile indefinitely. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Share Your Data
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
When data is shared with third parties, it may be aggregated from multiple individual users rendering it less personalized. Or it may be anonymous data, such as demographics, with no personally identifiable information.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals as Service Providers for the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service.
- To provide the Service on our behalf.
- To perform Service-related services.
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
These Service Providers may work with us on assignments including, without limitation, advertising, marketing, social media, website development, analytics, web hosting, or content management. The information provided to them will be limited to what is reasonably required in order for them to perform the service assigned.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We currently use Akismet’s anti-spam service. Akismet collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use their Akismet anti-spam service. The information they collect typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
In some cases we may provide your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies as required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that it is in our best interest or in that of our users. This may be done to protect our interests and wellbeing or defend or ensure the safety of others or the public at large.
How We Protect Your Information
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
What Rights You Have over Your Data
You may limit the amount of Private Information shared by the following means:
- Requesting a data export of your Personal Information on file.
- Requesting to erase your Personal Information on file.
- Browsing anonymously by disabling cookies.
- Opting out of targeted ads.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Users can visit our site anonymously. This may be managed through your browser’s cookie settings, your device’s privacy or advertising settings, and/or by declining various cookies through the cookie management menu displayed upon visiting our website. If you do opt out of cookies or services that enable activities such as targeted advertising, take note that you may still see ads displayed. However, they likely will not be targeted to you based on your Personal Information collected by third parties.
Our Services do not specifically address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
Regional Data Privacy Regulations
Users in California may find more information on the California Online Privacy Protection Act and the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA). Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
Users in the European Union may find more information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
If you make a request regarding these regulations, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by writing to the address below.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links from Third Parties
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future. A summary of Google’s advertising policies can be read here. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
How to Contact Us
Effective date: June 8, 2021