There’s simply no better way to spend your free time than by enjoying the great outdoors—at least when the weather’s nice. But whether you like to spend that time fishing on your boat, relaxing on the beach, or grilling in the backyard, you’ll certainly have a better time if you have some great tunes playing.
Of course, this means you’ll need a good set of outdoor speakers. And because they’re so easy to set up and use, most outdoor enthusiasts prefer wireless outdoor speakers to corded options that require you to battle with cables and hardware.
Instead, you can just put the speakers where you want them, connect your phone, outdoor radio, or tablet to them and enjoy.
But not all wireless outdoor speakers are the same—in fact, some are much better than others. We’ll try to help you make your choice by recommending eight of the best wireless outdoor speakers.
The 8 Best Wireless Outdoor Speakers of 2019: Outdoor Empire Reviews
Below, we’ve assembled eight of the best outdoor wireless speakers for your next fishing trip or backyard barbeque session. Just be sure to compare each of the options carefully, so you can wind up with the best speakers for your situation.
Note that wireless speakers usually work in one of two ways: Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. We’ll cover both, starting with the four best Bluetooth options and then moving on to the four best Wi-Fi speakers.
- AOMAIS GO Bluetooth Speaker
- BT Blast Pro Bluetooth Speakers
- DOSS Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
- Acoustic Research Portable Wireless Speaker
- iFinity Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Speakers
- RUSSOUND AGO1 Powered Outdoor Speaker
- Soundcast Outcast Wireless Speaker
|Category||Best Bluetooth||Best Wi-fi|
|Power||30 or 60 Watts||80 Watts RMS|
|Frequency response||100 Hz - 20 kHz||60 Hz - 18 kHz|
|Operating range||33 ft||max. 600 ft. line of sight
max. 150 ft. through walls and ceilings
|Size||13.5" x 7.5" x 3.8"||8.5" x 8.5" x 8.3"|
|Weight||4.45 lbs||4.8 lbs|
|Cost||Check Price||Check Price|
1. AOMAIS GO Bluetooth Speaker
The AOMAIS GO Bluetooth Speaker is a waterproof outdoor speaker that is ready for whatever adventure awaits! Fully weather resistant, the AOMAIS GO is waterproof (it can even be submerged to a depth of 33 feet for up to 30 minutes), snowproof, and dustproof, and it is rugged enough to survive being dropped.
- Connects to cellphones, tablets, or any other 4.2 Bluetooth-compatible device
- Comes with an 8800-mAh rechargeable battery that will last up to 30 hours at 50% volume
- Equipped with a 3.5-millimeter audio jack for non-Bluetooth devices
- Features two 15-watt, full-range drivers and two passive radiators
- Excellent sound quality
- Easy to pair to your Bluetooth device
- True stereo sound
- Supremely durable and built to last
- Despite excellent sound quality, volume is limited
- Battery life is shorter than most users expected
- USB charger stopped working for several buyers
- Several buyers reported poor customer service
Ideal for: The AOMAIS Go Bluetooth Speaker is an ideal option for outdoor enthusiasts who want a speaker they can take anywhere. Its durability makes it well-suited for people on the go, and, because it’s waterproof, it’s a perfect choice for boaters and beachgoers alike.
You could even bring it along for tailgating or fishing at your local beach pier. Because it relies on Bluetooth technology, it doesn’t have an especially generous range, but this shouldn’t be a problem in most circumstances.
Additionally, thanks to the sound quality this speaker produces, this is a great option for audiophiles, who simply need a travel-ready speaker for outdoor adventures.
2. BT Blast Pro Bluetooth Speakers
The BT Blast Pro Bluetooth Speakers are high-powered, wireless speakers that are primarily intended for pool, patio, or deck use. These speakers are weatherproof and outfitted with upgraded polypropylene injected cone and high-efficiency driver motor to provide fantastic bass response and clarity.
- CSR Bluetooth v4.0 technology means that these speakers automatically connect to your device
- Comes with a 25-foot power cord and a 25-foot matched speaker cable
- The UV-resistant cabinet will keep the speaker looking good for years
- 45 Hz to 20 KHz frequency response
- Several owners reported that the speakers held up to long-term outdoor use
- Greater range than many Bluetooth speaker systems
- Installation and pairing are quick and easy
- Good sound quality
- Requires access to a 110 V outlet to work
- Easy to plug in backwards, which can cause problems with the unit
- The speakers only pair to one Bluetooth device at a time
Ideal for: The BT Blast Pro Bluetooth Speakers are not a good choice for those who like to travel, as you must plug them into a power source. However, they are among the best Bluetooth speakers on the market for long-term, semi-permanent installations (such as patios).
Most owners found them easy to set up and use, and several reported that they would pair to a Bluetooth device up to 50 feet away. Most owners thought they sounded excellent and were a good value, despite their relatively high price.
3. DOSS Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The DOSS Bluetooth Speaker is a high-quality, durable wireless speaker that is designed specifically for maximum portability. It’s also waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof to ensure it’ll take whatever you can dish out.
But it isn’t just a great travel speaker—it also sounds great and is easy to pair with your device, thanks to its reliance on Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
- Comes with a carrying handle and long strap to make it easy to haul around
- IPX6 waterproof rating means it can take waves and powered jets of water without suffering damage
- Included flashlights can be activated in five different modes, including SOS, strobe, and low, medium or high brightness
- Includes two 10-watt drivers and dual passive subwoofers
- Battery lasts up to 12 hours between charges
- Comes with an auxiliary input cable for use with non-Bluetooth-enabled devices
- This speaker actually floats if it accidentally gets knocked overboard
- Most owners reported excellent sound quality, great bass response, and plenty of volume
- A few owners reported that the battery doesn’t last as long as advertised
- Some customers experienced charging port problems
- Does not come with an instruction manual, which caused some customers problems
Ideal for: The DOSS Portable Bluetooth Speaker is a good choice for those who want a portable yet rugged speaker that can go anywhere. It is well-suited for outdoor use, thanks to its IPX6 waterproof rating, and the included handle and strap make it a breeze to carry.
The DOSS Speaker may not have the very best sound quality available, but given its low price point, it still represents a great value.
4. Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
The Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers are high-quality outdoor speakers that are packaged in a faux rock case, which makes them easy to hide in your garden or patio. Additionally, they’re perfect for outdoor use, as they feature a weather protection grille and are designed to work in high or low temperatures.
- Each speaker comes with a 1-inch tweeter and 6.5-inch woofer
- Multilayer polymer cabinet keeps the electronic components protected and safe from the elements
- Made with built-in long-range V2.1 Bluetooth technology
- Available in two colors: Grey Slate and Canyon Sandstone
- Most owners found that the sound quality was very good
- Several users reported that the speakers didn’t suffer from interference problems
- A number of customers reported that the speakers held up well to outdoor use
- Very easy to hide the speakers, thanks to the realistic-looking rock finish
- Requires AC power and only comes with an 8-foot power cord
- A few owners found the included instructions sub-par
- Several owners reported difficulty pairing their Bluetooth device to the speakers
- Not completely wireless (the speakers must be wired together)
Ideal for: The Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers are a great option for people who want outdoor music, but don’t want to clutter their outdoor space with clunky-looking speakers. These speakers are easy to camouflage around your pool, patio, or deck, and they provide good sound quality for their cost.
They do require AC power, so they’re not a good fit for people looking for portable wireless speakers, but they are perfect for semi-permanent installation. A few owners questioned the durability of the speakers, but that shouldn’t be a problem for owners who treat them gently.
5. Acoustic Research Portable Wireless Speaker
The Acoustic Research Portable Wireless Speaker is a very flexible outdoor speaker that is ideal for use at home or on the road. It is designed to be plugged into an AC power source, but it will play for up to 12 hours if you load it up with six AA batteries.
And while a single Acoustic Research Speaker will sound great, you can set up additional speakers, if you like, for an immersive experience.
- Provides three different broadcast frequencies, giving you several options for the best reception
- Wireless connectivity works up to 150 feet away from your device (depending on the environment)
- Includes an AUX input for wired music sources
- Comes with a mini-jack-to-stereo lead adapter
- Most owners found the speakers very easy to pair with wireless devices
- Several owners reported that the speakers would work up to 150 feet away from the paired device
- Very good value for the price
- Very portable and easy to move around
- A few owners were disappointed with the volume and sound quality
- Several owners complained that the customer service department was sub-standard
- The lack of a volume control is disappointing
- Bass boost doesn’t work well
Ideal for: The Acoustic Research Portable Wireless Speaker will work around your backyard pool, but you can also take it with you on your next camping trip or tailgate.
The Wi-Fi connection design makes it a good option for owners who’d like to use it farther away from their music-playing device than most Bluetooth-compatible speakers are capable of. This doesn’t appear to be the most durable option, so it’s best for customers who don’t mind treating it gently.
6. iFinity Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Speakers
The iFinity Wireless Speakers are very high-quality speakers that are designed for indoor or outdoor use. Each speaker not only sounds great but also comes with an oversized case to help protect the internal electronics and ensure rattle-free operation.
But the real selling point of the iFinity Speakers is the wireless connectivity, which works at distances of up to 600 feet.
- Built-in power amplifiers ensure great volume with very low distortion
- Water-resistant design makes them excellent for outdoor use
- Comes included with an iPhone cradle
- Backed by the manufacturer’s 100% money-back, 1-year warranty
- Can be paired with two other speakers for true sonic immersion
- Most owners found these to provide excellent value for the price
- Several buyers reported great customer service by the manufacturer
- Smart pairing mechanism eliminates problems with interference
- Several customers complained that the range was not as far as advertised
- A few customers complained that the speakers weren’t very durable
- Some buyers complained of buzzing sounds coming out of the speakers
- Must be plugged into a wall outlet
Ideal for: The iFinity Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Speakers are ideal for those who want to set up some speakers around their patio or deck yet need them to connect with a wireless transmitter that’s relatively far away. In fact, the speakers’ impressive range is probably their most noteworthy selling point.
These speakers are not a good option for users who want to travel, as they require access to a power outlet, but they deserve serious consideration by anyone looking for a semi-permanent patio or deck system.
7. RUSSOUND AGO1 Powered Outdoor Speaker
The RUSSOUND AGO1 is a powered speaker designed to work perfectly in outdoor situations with your Apple device. This speaker features a built-in amplifier and a storage compartment on the back, and it even comes with a convenient carrying handle to make it easy to bring with you anywhere.
- Serves as a Wi-Fi hotspot while in use
- Functions as a speaker dock for the Apple AirPort Express
- Rugged exterior case to protect the interior electronics
- Connects quickly and easily
- Despite being a single speaker, the unit provides a full-bodied sound
- Works with your home’s Wi-Fi system
- Most owners reported that the speaker sounds great
- Several owners were surprised by the unit’s impressive volume
- Does not work with non-Apple devices
- Although many owners reported that it handled wet weather, it isn’t specifically designed to be waterproof
- Weighs approximately 20 pounds
- Must be plugged into an AC outlet
Ideal for: The RUSSOUND AGO1 is a great option for those who want to listen to music outside with their Apple product. It isn’t a viable option for Android users, and the speaker must be plugged into work, but it is ideal for patio or pool use.
Also, given the volume the speaker is capable of producing, it is a great choice for buyers who need to project a lot of sound.
8. Soundcast OutCast Wireless Speaker
The Soundcast Outcast Speaker is a flexible, high-quality wireless speaker that is designed to work anywhere you like. The speaker comes with an AC power cord, but you can also use the included internal rechargeable battery when there isn’t a convenient outlet available.
The speaker sounds great, produces plenty of volume and it comes in a weatherproof case.
- Uses FHSS 40–Ch wireless protocol
- The speaker features an 8-inch, downward-firing, high-SPL, long-throw woofer
- Full-range drivers produce 360 degrees of sound
- Broadcast range of up to 350 feet
- Several owners reported good overall sound quality and excellent bass response
- Back-lit buttons are easy to see and use—even in low-light conditions
- Most buyers found the speaker very easy to set up and use
- AUX port was helpful for many owners
- Some customers complained about the high price of the speakers
- A few owners reported problems with the on/off button
- Because it is a pretty heavy unit (more than 30 pounds), it can be tough to carry
- Some buyers were disappointed in its lack of Bluetooth functionality
Ideal for: The Soundcast Outcast is a great option for people who want to have an outdoor-friendly speaker that works with their home Wi-Fi set up. It appears to work well for outdoor parties, tailgates, and similar situations, although its weight makes it a bit inconvenient to lug around.
It is also a good option for technological newbies, as most customers found it easy to set up and use.
Why Use Wireless Outdoor Speaker System?
You don’t have to use wireless speakers to enjoy music outdoors, but they work far better than wired speakers do in most cases. There are a variety of reasons why this is the case, but a few of the most important are discussed below.
- Wireless speakers are more convenient to set up.
- Wires can create safety issues and trip hazards.
- Wildlife may chew on the wires.
- Wireless speakers give you more flexibility.
How Do You Choose the Best Wireless Outdoor Speakers?
Not all wireless speakers are created equal, so if you want to end up with a set that’ll help you enjoy your music to the fullest, you need to consider a few key criteria when making your choice. Some of the most important things to consider include:
Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi
Most outdoor speakers utilize either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi technology to connect with your smartphone, tablet, or another digital device. Both types of technology offer a different set of benefits and drawbacks, but the primary difference between the two comes down to their effective range.
In most cases, Wi-Fi systems will connect with your device from a much farther distance, which makes them helpful when trying to add sound to large spaces. However, consumers who don’t need a device that works from long range may appreciate the simplicity and ease of use Bluetooth-based systems often provide.
There are a number of different types of speaker cones and materials used in outdoor speaker systems. In most cases, you’ll have to choose between speakers that provide two of three key benefits: they can either be lightweight, inexpensive, or produce excellent sound quality.
In other words, you can find a lightweight and inexpensive speaker, but it is unlikely to produce very good sound quality. Alternatively, you may be able to find a lightweight speaker that sounds fantastic, but such a speaker is unlikely to be very affordable.
Just be sure to prioritize the characteristics that matter the most to you.
Because outdoor speakers must function well in temperature extremes and hold up to inclement weather, you’ll need to make sure you select a durable unit. This is the only way to ensure your speakers will last for a long time and continue to sound good for years.
Some of the most important things to look for include heavy-duty housings, which will protect the speaker from physical damage, as well as a good waterproof rating, which will help shield the electronic components from moisture.
One thing that many buyers forget to consider is that you need more volume when trying to play music outdoors than you would while hanging out inside. Not only will your speakers need to compete with a variety of noises outside, the sound waves coming out of the speakers won’t be contained by walls the way they would indoors.
So, be sure to review the reviews of other buyers when picking out your new speakers, and pick a unit that appears to produce ample volume.
Top Outdoor Speaker Brands
There are dozens of companies and brands that make outdoor speakers, but they vary in a number of different ways. Some produce a few high-end products positioned at the high end of the price range, while others produce a wide variety of products, which are typically priced at the low end of the price range.
Others focus on including as many features as possible, and still others try to produce the most user-friendly products available.
We’ll discuss three of the most important wireless speaker brands below.
Soundcast specializes in making high-quality speaker systems and wireless transmitting equipment. They do produce a few mid-priced products, but most of the things they manufacture are situated at the high end of the price spectrum.
In addition to speakers and transmitting equipment, they also produce a variety of accessories, including travel cases and AC adapters.
Soundcast is one of the leading manufacturers in the outdoor speaker niche, and most customers who purchase their products rate them highly. They produce speakers that rely on Bluetooth or wireless technology, but the speaker we recommend above is a Wi-Fi-based product.
Acoustic Research is another high-end manufacturer of audio equipment, and they produce a wide variety of products within the category. This obviously includes wireless speakers, but they also manufacture traditional (wired) speakers and complete wireless audio systems.
They even manufacture audio cables, headphones and surge protectors you can use with your sound system.
Most Acoustic Research products feature high-end components, and they are priced at the middle to high end of the cost spectrum. Many of their products are quite popular with audiophiles, and they are generally well-rated by most people who purchase them.
Typically, Acoustic Research speakers (such as the portable speaker recommended above) are most popular among customers who are willing to pay a little more to obtain high-performance audio equipment.
DOSS is a relatively small company and makes a limited number of products. They are almost exclusively focused on the portable and outdoor speaker niche, which allows them to concentrate on producing high-quality sound equipment that excels in the applications for which it is intended.
One of the big selling points of DOSS products is the company’s dedication to providing excellent customer service. In fact, they operate a 24-hour customer service hotline based in Los Angeles.
Additionally, all of their products—including the speaker recommended above—are backed by a 12-month warranty, helping provide customers with peace of mind.
DOSS products typically feature average to above-average prices, making them ideal for consumers who are looking for products that are built to last and provide good value.
Wireless outdoor speakers can help make any outdoor activity more fun. Just be sure to review the eight speakers discussed above when making your choice to end up with the best speaker for your needs.
Don’t forget to make sure you select a speaker system that’ll work with your smartphone or tablet, and be sure to pick one that has the features you’ll need (such as being waterproof).